Pran Buri, Prachuap Khiri Khan, West - Thailand
What do you need to know about Pran Buri?
Situated in Prachuap Khiri Khan Province in central Thailand, the district of Pran Buri is home to about 80,000 people. The region shares its borders with Myanmar on the west and the Gulf of Thailand in the east. Pran Buri is also sandwiched between Hua Hin to the north and Sam Roi Yot in the south. The region is mainly dominated by a tropical climate featuring warm winters and wet summers due to its proximity to the ocean which influences its climate very much.
What are the popular attractions in Pran Buri?
If you are in love with the sea and enjoy a quiet holiday by the sea, Pran Buri is not going to disappoint. The region also features beautiful mountains and a national park for those who are looking for something different. Let us look at some of the places that are a must-visit in you are in Pran Buri.
- Khao Tao: Not to be confused with the island in southern Thailand, Khao Tao is a vintage fishing village that is untouched by modernity. Located 15 km south of Khao Takiab, the area features some great places to visit such as the secluded bay and the large Khao Tao temple.
- Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park: “Khao Sam Roi Yot” translates to “the mountain with three hundred peaks” is aptly named due to the backdrop of endless limestone peaks. Approximately about 60km from Hua Hin, this national park spans to about 100 square km along the coast.
- Pranburi Forest Park: Spanning over an area of 3.17 square km at the mouth of the Pranburi River, The Pranburi Forest Park was created in an attempt to protect the local mangroves of the region. The park treats visitors with two nature trails that pass through some beautiful scenery.
- Tham Kaeos: Located just 23 km off Pran Buri, Tham Kaeos is a beautiful stalactite cave in Thailand. This cave has only one entrance and one exit therefore movement can be a bit restricted inside. Newly discovered, Tham Kaeos is one of the most amazing caves in Thailand to explore.
- Pak Nam Pran: Also known as the Pran Buri estuary, Pak Nam Pran covers a vast area from the Pran Buri Beach to Pranburi National Park. The area is home to a small fishing community spread across the vast mangrove forests. The region also features some amazing 5-star resorts that can provide visitors with a majestic view of the ocean.
- Tabtim Shrine: If you are looking for a breathtaking panoramic view of the Pak Nam Pran and the villages, this shrine set on a low hill is sure to offer you with the best. Housing the Goddess Tabtim, the Chinese God of Weather, the shrine is brightly coloured and has a distinctly Chinese style about its construction.
What is the cost of living in Pran Buri and lifestyle in Pran Buri?
Prices can vary based on the type and quality of the service. A meal at an inexpensive restaurant will cost somewhere around 100 Baht while a meal for two in a medium ranged restaurant prices can be about 1,000 Baht for a three-course meal. A litre of milk is about 52 Baht while a loaf of bread will cost you about 36 Baht. Transportation is relatively on the lower side with the prices for a taxi starts from 35 Baht. If you plan on driving on your own, gasoline prices are about 30 Baht per litre. With such cheap living expenses, Pran Buri can be your next destination.
A paradise for seafood lovers, the region is home to a variety of restaurants that offer the authentic Thai flavor that will tickle your taste buds plus seaside cafes in the night with a drink in your hand and a continuous ocean breeze is sure to get anyone stoked. Be sure to check out the Prod Pran cafe to try out their signature iced tea and deep-fried dough stick.
What are the average house sale prices in Pran Buri?
For those looking to move to this tropical paradise, buying a house facing the beach can be quite high with some private house with a beachfront can range from 10,000,000 up-to 35,000,000 Baht while prices for house for sale in 5 minutes distance from the beach will start from 3,000,000 and up to25,000,000 Baht. If a pool villa suit your style better, grand beachfront villas and houses for sale can cost up too 55,000,000 Baht. If prices seem exorbitant, you can also find smaller pool villa for sale from between 5,000,000 Baht to 15,000,000 Baht.
you can find more house for sale second hand here on RE/MAX website
What is the current Real Estate in Pran Buri?
If you find buying a house or a condo can be a bit expensive, there are plenty of condos on rent in the region. Sea facing condos does go for a bit higher prices reaching about 40,000 Baht every month. For condos in the interior of the region prices for condos on rent range from between 8,000 to 17,000 Baht every month depending on the type and location of the property. Prices, when compared to other major cities of the west prices, do seem to be on the lower side.
You can find more comfortable price in the near by city of Hua Hin
What are the reasons to buy a Property in Pran Buri?
From beautiful sandy beaches to ancient hilltop shrines to lush mangroves, Pran Buri is rich in biodiversity and offers a wide range of beautiful sceneries for its inhabitants. The region features some of the most picturesque seaside cafes and restaurants for your lovely evening dates. An ideal tropical getaway if you are looking to have a quiet experience and have a relaxing life. With major cities in Thailand connected to Pran Buri by train and roads, getting in and out of the city is no big deal especially considering the low cost of transportation across the entire country. With plenty of natural beauty and modernity, Pran Buri can be a serious option if you are looking to move to Thailand or buy a property.