Mueang Rayong, Rayong, East - Thailand
What do you need to know about Rayong?
Situated on the eastern coast of the Gulf of Thailand, Rayong is the capital city of the Rayong Province. According to history, Rayong was vital in building up general Phaya Tak’s navy before proceeding on to Chanthaburi after the former capital of Thailand was destroyed by the invading army of Burma.
With a population of about 100,000, Rayong’s economy is mainly based on the fishing industry. The region is also well known as being the center of the auto and chemical industries. The region is mainly dominated by a tropical climate with wet summers and warm and dry winters. The summer months have an average high of 34OC while the winters record an average low of 20OC.
What are the popular attractions in Rayong?
With the city providing one of the most laid back experiences in the country, Rayong is a very popular paradise island near Bangkok and the region has become synonymous with the Koh Samet island. If you love a sunny beach, delicious seafood, the region offers some great options for its visitors. Let us take a look at some of the places that can help you to get an authentic and local experience.
- Koh Samet: Koh Samet is simply on the most breathtaking places to visit in the region. Just about 2 to 3 hours from Bangkok by road, it takes another 40 minute ride to reach this tropical piece of paradise. Koh Samet is one of the most favourite gateways among the locals.
- Koh Talu area: Just a ferry ride from Koh Samet, the area is well known for its turquoise water and powdery white sands. Koh Talu is also home to some of the most beautiful coral reef in Rayong.
- Ban Phe Market: If you are looking to shop for shop fresh seafood, you will surely need to visit the Ban Phe Pier. From dried shrimps to huge lobsters, Ban Phe Market is sure to have your cravings satisfied.
- Yomjinda Road: Yomjinda road is one of the oldest and most beautiful roads in the old town area. The area is well recognised by many photographers in the country. Some of the old houses have been restructured into local cafes and museums.
- Suan Son Beach: Suan Son beach is another great option if you don’t find enough time to visit Koh Samet. The beach is dotted with picnic spots and some awesome seafood restaurants.
- Khao Laem Ya: One of the most stunning viewpoints in Rayong, Khao Laem Ya is part of the Khao Laem Ya-Mu Koh Samet National Park. The region is home to some rocky as well as grassy terrains.
What is the cost of living in Rayong?
When compared to other major cities of Europe and America, prices do seem to be on the lower side. The cost of a meal in an inexpensive restaurant would cost somewhere around 65 Baht while a meal for two in a medium ranged restaurant would cost around 700 Baht. A litre of milk costs around 50 Baht and a loaf of bread coasts around 35 Baht to 40 Baht.A bottle of water costs around 7-10 Baht. Transportation is also readily available throughout the region with a 1 km taxi ride costing around 10 Baht. A litre of gasoline costs around 30 Baht.
What is the average price of a house in Rayong?
Are you looking to buy your dream house or villa in Rayong? When you are looking to buy a house in the Rayong Province, you are expected to pay somewhere between 2,000,000 Baht to 7,000,000 Baht. Condos are available for sale at a price of about 1,300,000 Bahts to 3,000,000 Baht.
What is the current Real Estate in Rayong?
1 bedroom condos in the city center are available for rent at a price of around 5,000 to 8,000 Baht while the same outside the city center would cost around 3,000 Baht to 5,000 Baht in rent every month. For larger condos, a three bedroom condo in the city center would cost around 15,000 Baht in rent while outside the city center would cost you around 7,000 Baht to 12,000 Baht every month in rent. For basic utilities such as electricity, cooling and water would add another 2,000 Baht t your monthly expenses. For internet, you are expected to spend up to 650 Baht every month.
Why people like the Rayong lifestyle?
Named the “Asia-Pacific City of the Future” by the Financial Times in 2017, Rayong offers quite an exciting lifestyle for its inhabitants. With such close proximity to the sea, the region is mainly dependent on the fishing industry. The region provides its inhabitants with some of the most scenic beaches in the city. From white beaches to historic roads, Rayong offers a wide range of attractions for its visitors. Affordable foods, cheap transportation and abundance of natural beauty makes Rayong one of the most unique places in the entire country.
What are the reasons to buy a Property in Rayong?
Safety: According to recent statistics when you compare it with other major cities, Rayong is a very safe place to stay in. Rayong scores about 50.07 on the safety index.
Lower living expenses: As we have mentioned numerous times in the article when compared with other big European or American cities, living expenses are quite on the lower side.
Natural Beauty: The region is a visual treat for its residents and promises to have a piece of something for everyone.
Education: The region is home to many international schools that cater to the need of both local and foreign students, providing students with an excellent learning environment.
The new land and building taxes law
This new Law aims to encourage the productive use of land and improve tax collections.
The new land and building taxes will make landlords and other house owners pay taxes now based on appraised property value rather than income.
Many tenants concern that in their owners will roll the higher tax rate on the tenants in order to avoid the loss in their income.
Home for sale Market assessment by RE/MAX Consultant Team:
We can expect that multiple units Owners will put their assets for sale for second hand home for sale and will buy one bigger second hand unite that will be easier to rent out.